Flat Out

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Maple Nut, Caramel, Marshmallow, and Orange Vanilla.

UT Dallas Special! Show your UT Dallas ID and get a free small yogurt.


On the way to dinner last night, I noticed something rather odd as my wife and I were driving along Preston. The front right tire had gone flat. It has been quite some time since I've had to change a tire, but it is thankfully a skill that, like riding a bicycle, does not seem to go away. I fiddled for a bit as it came back to me.

While no one is really looking for this to happen on the way out to dinner, it was a good opportunity to have the refresher course for myself and to show Erica, should she ever be outside of the range of AAA, how to go about changing a tire. I'm sure that she already knew this, but she was kind enough to be patient as I explained it anyways.

With the spare tire on the car, we proceeded to dinner at Fadi's Mediterranian Restaurant. The food, as always, was excellent. During dinner we struck up a conversation about Ramadan. While I was quick to point out the basic construct of the holiday, I was unable to, with certainty, give the reason for the month of fasting. Here is the simple answer:

Ramadan or Ramazan (Arabic: رمضان, Ramaḍān) is a Muslim religious observance that takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; the month in which the Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad. It is the Islamic month of fasting (sawm), in which participating Muslims do not eat or drink anything from true dawn until sunset. Fasting is meant to teach the person patience, sacrifice and humility. Ramadan is a time to fast for the sake of God, and to offer more prayer than usual. During Ramadan Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance into the future, ask for help in refraining from everyday evils and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds.-Wikipedia

For a more complex answer, click on the link above.

We went home after dinner to watch some more of Doctor Who season three. Unfortunately, we noticed as we pulled into the apartment complex that the donut tire had started to go flat. So, this morning I found myself at Discount Tire at 8:00 AM getting my tires patched. However, it is not as inconvenient as it sounds since we live less than one mile from a Discount Tire. They were quick, and I was finished within 30 minutes for no cost since we had purchased our tires from them. Bonus points to Discount Tires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen