Better to borrow than to own.

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Peanut Butter, Lemon and New York Cheesecake.

Today is Yogurt Cone Day! All yogurt cones are $1.85 all day long. Feel like a kid again and try a yogurt cone.

Bagels, English Muffins and Pita have arrived! We have all varieties on hand (Blueberry, Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon, Onion, White and Perfect 10). Come and get yours today. Perfect for Weight Watchers®! Make sure to come in early to get your full selection.

Last night I watch The Departed which I had borrowed from my sister and brother-in-law. I thought that it was a fairly good film but did not quiet leave up to it's hype and its Oscar award for best director. Here's the problem with the Oscar that Scorsese won, he's had better films. Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The Color of Money, Goodfellas and Cape Fear all come to mind. While The Departed was good, it wasn't great. I'll admit that I don't follow movies as closely as I did, but it seems to me that he got a collective Oscar rather than a merit Oscar.

Today's USA Today has a list of the top 25 Most Memorable Quotes of the last 25 years. Here is my personal top three out of their selections:

1. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"-President Reagan, June 12, 1987, appealing to the Soviet leader to remove the Berlin Wall that divided East and West German sectors. It fell in 1989. (#2)
2. "Read my lips: no new taxes."-George H.W. Bush, Aug. 18, 1988, accepting the GOP presidential nomination in New Orleans. A tax hike later in his presidency was a factor in his loss for re-election. (#6)
3. "You can't handle the truth!"-Actor Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan Jessup in the 1992 film A Few Good Men. (#9)

I think that they left a few good ones off. If you have a top three or a top three alternative list, leave us a comment and let us know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen