Run On!

As some of you may remember, I started running at the beginning of the spring. I stopped running after July started for a number of reasons. Now that the weather is cooler and I have had time to straighten a few things out, I have started running again. Three nights ago I did my first run of 3/4 of a mile on a ten minute pace. Last night I ran 9/10 of a mile on a ten minute pace. I'm not setting any records, but I am running without having to stop and when I finish, I feel like I could run more.

In many ways, the early training in spring prepared me for this. I'm running with a different purpose now, not trying to prove a point to myself or any one else, but general health. My goal is simple: 3 miles in 27 minutes in 3 months. Next year I'm running a 5K assuming that a treadmill translates to the great out doors.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Pistachio, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry Shortcake and Lemon. Today is $1.85 Cone Day (regularly $2.72).

The bagels have arrived! We currently have a full stock of all bagels (Blueberry, Cinnamon, Onion, Sweet Wheat, White and the Perfect 10), English Muffins and pita bread. If you’re running low, now is a great time to restock.

Autumn won last week's poll as the number one romantic season. Winter came in second. It seems that people like to cuddle close to their loved ones on the cold days. That is something that I can appreciate very much as I am an autumn man myself. This week's poll asks: What Is Your Ideal Salary?

Thursday Motivator:

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
-Havelock Ellis (1859-1939) Psychologist

Comments

Steph said…
Yay! I get to see all of you at Sugarless Delite tomorrow. I missed everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen