The Cycle

One of the reasons why people love baseball, for those of you who do not understand, is the history of the game and the statistics that the history produces. Last week I watched a no-hitter. Last night, I got to see the highlights of a Texas Ranger hit for the natural cycle. Mr. Gary Matthews Jr. accomplished the hardest feat in hitting with his four for four performance by hitting a single, double, triple and home run in order. He is only the 13th player in the modern era (1900-current day) to hit for the natural cycle. Awesome! Congratulations!

On a sad note for some baseball fans, the Atlanta Braves were officially eliminated from winning their 15* consecutive National League East Division title. It was a long and wonderful ride for the Braves, the best in baseball's history. The closest to the streak of 14* straight division titles is the current streak that the NY Yankees have with 8. Congratulations on Atlanta's long and run and to the Mets on bringing down their divisional giant.

Last night was kind of a catch up day at my apartment. It was a relaxing night to watch a little baseball, to read, to do laundry, to clean the apartment and to play a little bit of a video game. I don't really play much in the way of video games anymore. I'm sure that my mom would be glad to hear that as she never understood why I hadn't grown out of them sooner. I don't think that I ever will completely. I grew up with them; however, I enjoy and value other things more now. It was fun to relax for a few hours and give myself over to the challenge of the game (Disgaea II), but life's challenges are better still.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Coffee Royal, Grasshopper, Juicy Raspberry and New York Cheesecake. Today is $1.85 Cone Day (regularly $2.72).

The bagels have arrived...sort of. We have received our pita, English muffins and some of the bagels (Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon and Blueberry). We have the White and Perfect 10 available in the freezer. UPS has currently "misplaced" the Onion bagels so they may or may not arrive this week.

Last week's poll showed that most people preferred their three day weekends to end with a Monday rather than start with a Friday. I am a little surprised, but that was my vote as well. This week's poll is about romance and the seasons. Which Season Is the Most Romantic?

Thursday's Motivator:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
-Hebrews 11:1

Tonight looks like another relaxing evening for me before the start of a busy weekend. I think that I may take this opportunity to start in on season two of Veronica Mars. I only have a few weeks now before the third season begins and I want to be caught up.

*Because baseball is all about statistics and oddities: The Atlanta Braves did not win a division title in 1994 because of the season ending strike. At the time of the strike, the Montreal Expos were in the lead for the NL East division with 6 games up on the Braves and 52 games to play. If it wasn't for the greed of the players and the stupidity of the owners, the Brave's may have had 15 after all. Then again, Montreal could have won.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen