Oktoberfest

Well, I didn't get around to Veronica Mars. It doesn't surprise me. However, I did manage to peel myself out of the recliner to start reading a new book, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, which I am now in the process of enjoying. I think that it was a pretty good trade.

This weekend is the annual Oktoberfest in Addison. It will be the first year that I am able to attend this event and I look forward to the evening festivities. I love German food and no beer is better. The atmosphere should be nice with German music filling the air and people dancing to the tunes. As I have yet to make it over to Germany, I have to make do with Germany coming to me. Expect a full report tomorrow.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Coffee Royal, Grasshopper, Juicy Raspberry and New York Cheesecake.

Today, while they last, the Parfaits are $2.99 all day long (regularly $3.69). It is a great time to try one of these tasty treats. (Bonus: They are only three points for Weight Watchers®)

As expected, the other box of bagels (Onion) is MIA. I do not expect to see them. We will have them in next week assuming that UPS can deliver them in one piece.

Friday Fun Fact: Spike Jonze, the director of Being John Malkovich, is heir to the Spiegel catalog company fortune. Spike's real name is Adam Spiegel, son of Arthur Spiegel III, of the Spiegel catalog company. When his parents divorced, Spike began hanging out at a skateboard shop in Rockville, Maryland, where everyone called him Spike because he never washed his hair. The cofounder of legendary Dirt magazine, Spike evolved a unique street-hip style that caught the eye of MTV and ad agencies. He started making music videos and commercials, winning awards for his work with the Beastie Boys and Bjork before going on to make feature films such as Being John Malkovich and Adaptation.

Happy Birthday Wishes to Dan Marino! One of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, Mr. Marino holds 20 passing records and is currently tied for four more. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2003 and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2005. Want a free mini (4 oz) yogurt? (Limit one per person.) Give us the name of the 1994 movie in which Mr. Marino had a cameo roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen