It's Alive!

About a month ago, I began in earnest the effort to build a media computer from scratch. Over the first few weeks in September, I acquired all of the necessary parts. For a week they set in there boxes at my apartment until this Sunday. I started and almost completed my computer on Sunday. Monday, my friend who knows a lot more about computers than myself, came over and checked over the connections and dropped of the Linux OS. After he left, I made a few changes and connected the remaining wires.

At 1:15 AM, I took a deep breath and flipped the power switch on the back...nothing. You can only imagine my disappointment. However, the feeling of despair lasted no more than a second as I quickly realized that in my nervousness, I forgot to press the front power button. Deep breath again...press button...the computer quietly hums to life right before my eyes. In another few days, I hope to have the software uploaded and a fully functional media computer to take the place of my Xbox.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Raspberry, German Chocolate Cake, Angle Food Cake and Banana Macadamia Nut. Today is Teacher Day! If you are a teacher, come in a show your ID for a 99 cent small yogurt (or pay the difference + 99 cents for a larger size). This special runs all day.

Quiz Day: Does Your English Cut the Mustard?

Your English Skills:

Grammar: 100%
Punctuation: 100%
Vocabulary: 100%
Spelling: 40%


I think that the 40% on spelling may be too generous. You should see all of the red when I put the blog entries into word for spell check. I guess it could be worse. Case in point, there are six misspelled words for today's entry. (Yes, I misspelled misspell when I originally typed this part. Everyone has their burdens.)

Comments

UnrulyDuckling said…
***Your English Skills:***

Grammar: 100%
Punctuation: 100%
Vocabulary: 100%
Spelling: 80%

I wonder which word I misspelled. Probably "milllennniummm." That one always ends up with too many letters.

P.S. If you write out your comment and then decide to sign in with beta Blogger, you'll lose what you wrote.
Anonymous said…
***Your English Skills:***


Grammar: 100%
Punctuation: 80%
Vocabulary: 80%
Spelling: 60%

if {$occupation == "programmer"} {
incr human_language_skills_rating -1
}
Anonymous said…
Grammar: 100%
Punctuation: 100%
Vocabulary: 100%
Spelling: 80%

Holly

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen