PFT Time

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Roasted Almond, Lemon*, and Vanilla Malt.

Chocolite Bars: Buy 3 cases (48 bars) and get a 15 dollar yogurt card.

*The Lemon is made with a new neutral mix. Let us know what you think. The nutritional content is very close to what we currently run.


So day three of the boot camp physical training saw us all taking our first crack at the Army Physical Fitness Test. Apparently, the instructors are all former Army and hold this test in the highest regard. Of course, the test is more or less the same from branch to branch. Here are my first week results :

2 Minute Mile: 20:59 (Score 17)
2 Minute Push-ups: 30 Count (Score 50)
2 Minute Sit-ups: 45 Count (Score 60)

(A score of 60 is the minimal passing score.)

I was a little bummed about my count in the sit-up category. I did them last night and got to 56. I think that, from now on, I'll take the Friday before off from any workout activities. Other than the lower count in the one category, I was fairly happy with my results. I would have liked to have come in below 20 for the two minute mile, but I'll shot for that next week. The good thing is that I now have my bench marks.

The one thing that does give me a chuckle at each workout session, albeit a evil chuckle, is that there is no reward for finishing ahead of the pack on the runs. The reward for finishing early is a combination of sit-ups, crunches and other instruments of pain in pyramid form. 30 in a row of one exercise followed by 30 of another exercise followed by 20/20 and then by 10/10. If everyone is still not done, they come up with more for you to do.

Since I've fallen into the lower 40 or 30 percentile on the runs so far, it has not been to bad. Nevertheless, I'll improve my score over the next few weeks and start sharing in more the fun. Believe me, I'm not necessarily looking forward to it. But, I am looking forward to better times and better scores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen