Jury Duty

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Roasted Almond, Boysenberry, and Vanilla Malt.

Shake Day! All shakes are $3.69 today (regularly $3.93-$4.62).


We'll, if you don't see me today, it's because I've got my civic duty. I'm on stand-by today for jury duty. The worst part about it is that it is Dallas County. I've never actually been on a jury, and I think that it would be interesting to do so, but it never seems to be a good time. I guess that's why it's called our civic duty and not a pleasurable duty.

I guess the election time is a good time as any to be reminded that our citizenship goes well beyond our casting of a vote. As a good citizen, I'm ready to perform my duty. I have a feeling though that if I am picked to go down town, that I will not be picked for the jury itself. There in lies the rub of jury duty, it would be so much nicer if you knew that you had to do it without all of the maybes that exist in the current system.

Just in case I am chosen and thrown into the jury pool, I do have a nice big book to read. I figure that I should be able to get 40 or 50 pages knocked out by the time the lawyers set in on me. It's normally at this point that I get dismissed. Something about my libertarian views make most prosecutors unwilling to have me serve on their juries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen