To Boldly Go...

If you've ever wondered how I come up with the topic for the blog everyday, the answer is simple. I most often take a small portion of my life and put it into words. I'm sure that most readers don't really care what I've done over the weekend or the previous evening, and I know that a good number could do without the sports updates; however, I also know that there is a unique voyeuristic quality that many people have that makes reading even the mundane details of someone else interesting. It's human nature. From time to time when I hear about something out of the ordinary, I try to present it in the blog.

Enter the story that I heard on NPR on the drive into work today about a fan show rendition of the original Star Trek series. It seems that some individuals in the state of New York have received permission from CBS/Paramount to pick up where the original show left off in 1969 and plan to finish filming the 5 year mission by completing the final 2 seasons of the show. If your a Trekkie or closet Trekkie then you can take a look and download the new shows free of charge for Star Trek: New Voyages.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Mint, Cappuccino, Very Berry and Peach.

This weekend we have our crème pies at the special price of $12.99 (regularly $19.99). We have started our day with several on hand that are available for pick up today.

Your Saturday Distraction: What Flavor Margarita Are You?

You Are a Mango Margarita

Complex and sophisticated, you're the type most likely to order a round of twelve dollar designer margaritas.
You also entertain with flair, and you've whipped up a few original signature drinks in your time!


Lastly, I ate at the Veggie Garden in Richardson last night (Custer and Arapaho behind the Arby's) and had a wonderful meal. If you ever want a great meat free meal, I would recommend giving this place a try. They have a very expansive menu and everything that I tried was very good. (This was my lead for the blog until I heard about the Star Trek shows.) I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

Comments

SerenitySprings said…
I am also a mango margarita.

And YAY for new Star Trek!
Anonymous said…
why can you see the ribs of the mango margarita girl?

anyways, here's what mine said:
You Are a Blueberry Margarita
Honestly, there's no one quite like you. And believe it or not, most people think that's a bad thing!
You're open, wild, friendly, wacky, and tons of fun. You have a big personality... and a big heart.


Hmm... 'most people think thats a bad thing?' ...way to ruin my self-esteem, haha.
and wild? wacky? tons of fun?
not exactly me.
and a blueberry margarita doesn't sound to delicious to me..
-erica
Anonymous said…
I am blueberry as well.
Steph said…
You Are a Lime Margarita
Realistic and grounded, you have the energy to tackle any obstacle that stands in your way.
Hyper and driven, you despise lazy behavior of all kinds... especially lazy drunks too tired to dance!
Anonymous said…
I'm also lime. I embody lazy behavior, so that's a little off the mark.

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen