Playoffs!

I have abstained, but now I must give my picks of the baseball playoffs. If you will bear with me, I promise to only do so at the start of each series so as not to completely boar the non-sport fans. First, I would like to review my picks for the division winners and wild cards.

Original Picks / Revised Picks (All-Star Break):

NL East: Braves / NL East: NY Mets
NL Central: Cardinals / NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Los Angeles / NL West: Los Angeles
Wild Card: Mets / Wild Card: San Diego

AL East: Yankees / AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Cleveland / AL Central: White Sox
AL West: A's / AL West: A's
Wildcard: White Sox / Wildcard: Tigers

Of my original picks, I correctly identified four postseason teams. The revised picks netted 7 out of 8 with 5 of 8 placements correctly identified. I think that the Sporting News should give me a call. Here are my picks for the first round of the playoffs. (We'll see how good or bad I really am.):

NL Division Series:
NY Mets over the LA Dodgers in 5
St. Louis over the San Diego Padres in 5 (Sentiment clouds my judgment)

AL Division Series
NY Yankees over the Detroit Tigers in 4
Minnesota Twins over the Oakland A's in 5

Coincidently, Rick has picked the exact opposite for all of his winners. There is a lunch riding on this so I hope the Cardinals don't let me down. Play starts today at 2 PM. I told you that fall was the best season.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Cappuccino, Peanut Butter, French Vanilla and Candy Cane. Today is Shake Day! All shakes are $3.69 (regularly $3.93 to $4.62).

Quiz Day: What Kind of Friend Are You?

You Are A Good Friend

You're always willing to listen
Or lend a shoulder to cry on
You're there through thick and thin
Many people consider you their "best friend"!


Just a little note for everyone, The Little Mermaid is being released on DVD today. If you want this film, I suggest getting it now. Once the Disney vault is closed, they become very expensive on eBay.

Comments

Steph said…
I got a good friend also.

Everyone go and get The Little Mermaid!!! Thats my personal favorite Disney movie. Ariel is the coolest Disney Princess! :)
Anonymous said…
You Are A Fun Friend

You're the one who keeps your group laughing
And you've always got an idea for something fun to do
The party's not complete without you
And you wouldn't miss it for the world

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen