17 October 2006

Am I Old?

Yesterday, Holly from the peanut gallery, a.k.a. the comments section, left me a little note that called me old for suggesting that we should turn our TV's off more often. I think that she might be right. I am, at the very least, old fashioned. I've fought against that for a long time, but I am much more comfortable with it now. I think that it might be one of my more enduring qualities. Most modern technologies have a place in our lives; however, I can't help but feel that sometimes we give them too much of a place and we tune out the more important things. Then again, maybe I'm just 28 going on 75.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Mint, Coffee Royal, Very Berry and Banana. Today is Shake Day. All shakes are $3.69 (Regularly $3.93-$4.62).

Quiz Day: In keeping with today's opening blog entry, I present to you this quiz. How Emotionally Mature Are You?

You Are 81% Grown Up, 19% Kid

Your emotional maturity is fully developed, and you have an excellent grasp on your emotions.
In fact, you are so emotionally mature - you should consider being a therapist!


I'm just going to go ahead and say that this score is probably a pretty recent development for me. I think that my previous score may have been closer to 50/50 at best.

The population of the USA reached 300 million today. I just thought that might be an interesting fact to share with someone today. I hope that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the slightly warmer weather over the next two days. The rainy days let us appreciate the sunny ones all the more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Are 70% Grown Up, 30% Kid
Congratulations, you are definitely quite emotionally mature.
Although you have your moments of moodiness, you're usually stable and level headed.

-Erica
And I don't think you are 'old', tv is overrated, and after doing research about how many hours infants, toddlers and young children spend in front of the tv, that most children age 2 and up have a tv in their bedroom... I think it's good to be 'old-fashioned'

Traivor said...

***You Are 65% Grown Up, 35% Kid***


Congratulations, you are definitely quite emotionally mature.
Although you have your moments of moodiness, you're usually stable and level headed.

Growing up is way overrated.

Anonymous said...

You Are 60% Grown Up, 40% Kid
You've grown up a good bit, but you still have a way to go before you're emotionally mature.
You have the skills to control your emotions, you just have to use them.

~Holly~

Steph said...

You Are 77% Grown Up, 23% Kid
Congratulations, you are definitely quite emotionally mature.
Although you have your moments of moodiness, you're usually stable and level headed.