Another Chronicle

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Toffee Nut, Grasshopper (Mint Flavor), White Chocolate Raspberry, and Peach.

Today, we have our Sierra deLite bars on sale for $2.99 each (regularly $4.62). Ask for the special to receive the discounted price.


I went and saw the Spiderwick Chronicles yesterday with a couple of friends. I got what I was expecting. I'm a pretty easy reviewer of fantasy films. As long as they are not bad, they qualify as good for me. Since I'm going with a willing suspension of disbelief, I tend to give these films a little more slack. Nevertheless, I thought that they did a good job with this one. The visuals, as with most films with any type of decent budget, were great and the coloration helped to provide the contrast between the real and fairy realm and the good and evil sides thereof.

Whenever you're working with kids in the cast, you always run the risk of bad acting. This pitfall was avoided here, but no one will get an award nomination either. The story follows a family in chaos that moves into an old home to start anew. One of the two boys, who is rather rebellious, finds a field guide to a fantastic realm of fairies and goblins. The movie starts a high paced race to the end as the goblins try to capture the book and the children seek to save their home and protect the other creatures of the realm. If you are looking for a fun movie to enjoy with your family, I would recommend this one. Movie Rating: 3 out of 5.

If you are in the Plano area and are looking for a place to eat this evening, I would suggest MooYah Burgers at 6400 West Plano Parkway, #100, Plano, TX 75093-On Park, 1/4 Mile West Of Tollway (Facing Park • 2 doors down from Ebby Halliday). I've never been here before, but Feral Friends is having a fundraiser there tonight where they get a percentage of the food and drink sales for the evening. My wife and I are always willing to eat a tasty burger to help out cats. The fundraiser runs from 5 PM to 9 PM this evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We checked out church yesterday, but we went to the 9:30 service. We really enjoyed it, and hope to get back next week! Thanks!
Glad to hear that you got a chance to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen