The Rest of the Stuff

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Mocha, Roasted Almond, White Chocolate Raspberry, and Vanilla Malt.

We've got an ad in the Dallas Morning News today that is also a coupon. Clip it out and save 5 dollars off of any purchase of 25 dollars or more. When you bring in the coupon, we're going to give you a small yogurt for only 99 cents today.

Today is National Margarita Day! Celebrate by picking up some great margaritas from Baja Bobs at our store today.

We've added a link to Hungry Girl's blog. If you haven't heard of her before, you can get the basics here. We have a good number of the products about which she has written. Our store has also been listed a couple of times as a great resource for these products. You can find the link under Enlightening Locations on the right side of our blog.


Green Fact: Our ecosystem's delicate balance means that your health and that of the environment are intertwined. As if you needed another reason to shed those extra pounds: Statistics from the University of Illinois show that our cars use a billion extra gallons of gas a year transporting heavier people. The additional aircraft fuel burned annually to account for overweight passengers amounts to 350 million gallons, according to the Centers for Disease Control--producing an extra 3.8 million tons of atmosphere-warming carbon dioxide. [Brought to you by Page-a-Day calendar.]

Since I've had so many different things to blog about this week, I've also left a few things on the back burner:

*I started playing the video game that my wife got me for Christmas this year. It is my fourth time to play through Final Fantasy VII. While the graphics are dated (they were great at the time), the game's story and battle system are still some of the best for any role playing game. The only thing that bugs me about this and other RPG's is the annoying reliance on switching to a platform play to keep the gamer involved. I'm actively engaged in the story, so I never feel the need to jump around. I don't mind the puzzles, I just wish I didn't have to fumble around with the clunky interface to do them.

*My wife and I finally went to go see Juno on Tuesday. After all of the hype, the movie still held up very well. With a solid performance from Ellen Page and her supporting actors, this tale tells a story with real world charm. The characters are flawed and make choices that affect those around them. The dialogue is refreshingly down to earth but smartly written. If you haven't seen this film yet, it gets a strong recommendation from me. Movie Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5.

*In addition to the movie on Tuesday, we went out for our Valentine's Day dinner on Wednesday to Maguire's. We had a gift card and ate accordingly. In this case, it was extravagantly. It was the first time that I have eaten there, and the food was fantastic. If you’re looking for a very nice evening out, I would recommend going out and enjoying any of the evening specials.

*Before going out to eat on Wednesday, I ended my month long embargo against my razor blade in regards to my face. Tired of looking like a pubescent Wookie, I opted for the shaved with short goatee and mustache. If I had to shave everyday, I could. But, I have always maintained that one of the bonuses to working at Sugarless deLite is that, as long as you are clean, the facial hair does not matter.

*On the other hand, I will look a bit more presentable at the Married Life Live event at our church this evening. Coming up on our one year anniversary, we are going to our first married persons seminar. With most of the married couples in our Sunday school class attending, it should be a nice evening event. Afterwards, we've got a birthday party in Fort Worth.

Happy Birthday to Jeri Lynn Ryan. Well known for her role as Seven of Nine to millions of Trekkies, Mrs. Ryan has also appeared in several legal dramas on television and in several movies.

Honorable Birthday Mention: Drew Blyth Barrymore-actress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen