This Thing Still Works?

I was transporting some work from home to the store today on an old 3 ½ inch floppy when I realized that this was not only old technology, but an old floppy disc. The disc is entitled Warlords II. It originally carried a game by that name and was given to me by my best friend from Jr. High. That makes this particular floppy disc thirteen years old.

I guess I should upgrade and move to flash drives, but my only working computer at home is so old that it doesn’t support this technology. Of course it does have a word processor and it does run Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri game so it really accomplishes almost everything I could ask for out of a computer. One day…

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, German Chocolate Cake (going fast-changing this afternoon), Maple Nut, Banana and Boysenberry.

Some times I get distracted when writing the blog and I forget to mention everything. Yesterday, our Peerless candy shipment included four new varieties: Honeydew, Peach, Pina Colada and Strawberry. These are all very good flavors, especially the Honeydew. ;)

This weekend we have our Pecan Pies on special for $14.99 (regularly $19.99). You can order one for tomorrow or come in today and pick one up. This is also the last few days of our monthly special: Chocolate Loaves are $14.99 (regularly $19.99).

Fun Fact Friday: Avant garde recording artist Moby is related to Herman Melville, hence his moniker. Moby’s real name is Richard Melville Hall, and he’s distantly related to the author of one of America’s greatest novels, Moby Dick.

Happy Birthday Wishes to Tim Burton: Mr. Burton’s quirky film direction has lead to some classic creations such as The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Batman and Edward Scissorhands. Interestingly, he got his start in the business by winning a Disney scholarship. Want a free mini (4 oz) yogurt? (Limit one per person.) Give us the name of the Disney film that Mr. Burton worked on much to his displeasure. (A not so helpful hint: It is one of my all time favorites.)

I hope that everyone has a wonderful start to their weekend. If you haven’t voted in the poll from yesterday, it is not too late to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen