Closing In

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Mint.

Small 1oz caramels are on sale for 10 for $10 (regularly $1.49 each). These caramels are located at the register area and there are four different varieties.


It dawns on me at the beginning of each May that I am about to get another year older. Today, it struck me even harder. The impending doom of turning thirty in two weeks time. It's kind of difficult to believe. Among my group of friends that aren't in the Kappa Sigma, I'm one of the youngest. So, it makes it a little bit easier since I only have to worry about ribbing from my wife and one other friend. Of course, the younger guys in the fraternity could say something, but I've always been called an old man by them.

Thirty seems like an age of reflection. The other big age changes at 16, 18, 21, and 25 are all changes of liberation. You start to gain freedoms and rights. Slowly, you become an adult. (If not in actuality, then in the eyes of the law.) Thirty is the first age where you gain no additional right. In fact, there are some things that are actually closing off to you. This is cause to look back and take stock. I guess in a way, 40 is a similar event which might explain the quintessential mid-life crisis.

I don't think that any of us really ever find out exactly what we are supposed to be doing and how to do it. There are moments where we know that it is right, and there are times when we feel a little lost. Sometimes, it is easier to except what we have been given. Other times, there is a call to strike out with bold action for change either for yourself, your family, or others that you've never met. I believe that part of the clue to happiness is knowing that there is always something out there for each of us. The trick is finding it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen