The Three R's

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Toffee Nut, Peanut Butter (in for a short run), Pistachio, Strawberry Shortcake, and Candy Cane.

Today is the start of Creme Pie Weekend. All of our creme pies are on sale for $14.99 (regularly $19.99). Please call us at 972.644.2000 to place an order for tomorrow or Sunday. We have limited quantities on hand.

The winning blogger number is worth 24 dollars. (Remember that you must tell us the current number to redeem the elevated amount.)

After several weeks of having my old monitor and computer sitting around our house, I finally got around to take it in for recycling today. My wife was kind enough to wake me up early when she got up, so I was able to get a move on it and go over to Carrollton in time to drop of the old 19" CRT and older P233 computer. I took it over to Intechra which does recycling for corporate business and individuals.

Thankfully, I know that this business will recycle or re-sell what I have dropped off, and I am glad that it won't just end up in a landfill leaking Mercury and Lead into the water supply. Intechra has a zero landfill policy for all recycled electronics. They reclaim every ounce of plastic, glass, metal, and wire from the electronic devices. If they cannot reclaim a part (e.g. batteries), they send it to a company that they audit to ensure that nothing goes into a landfill. I highly recommend dropping off your old monitors, computers or peripherals here next time you are ready to upgrade. (They also have high standard of security to insure that data on the hard drive is not recovered.)

The man who took my items from me gave me a sheet when I was leaving that had some facts about waste in America. The average American generates 4.5 pounds per day or 1,600 pounds per year. Here is a break down of the waste: (click to enlarge)



Football Friday: Tomorrow sees the start of the first matches in the elimination round of play for the Women's World Cup with Germany v. North Korea and the US v. England. Both of these should prove to be good matches. On Sunday, Norway will play the host team China and Brazil plays Australia. Here are my weekend predictions:

Germany, USA, Norway, and Brazil will advance.

The Australian team celebrates after their victory over Ghana.


Oktoberfest begins this weekend with the annual kick off celebration in Addison and at German restaurants around the Dallas area.


Today's Winning Blogger Number: 52


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen