Who turned the lights out?

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Banana, Butter Pecan, Juicy Raspberry and Angel Food Cake.

Today is UT Dallas Day! If you are a student at UTD or on the faculty, come in and show us your ID for a free small yogurt.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but the bagel shipment will not be in until Friday this week because of the Labor Day weekend.

Current Winning Blogger Number Prize: $16 (The pot keeps growing.)

Yesterday was one of those days. They seem to follow the nice relaxing days off as if to remind us that reality is back in force. The day itself was busy with orders coming in, going out, and deliveries being made; however, the real fun stated when I noticed that the website was down. Turns out that the server where our website is hosted crashed. Long story short, the website has now been moved to a new server and everything should be fine. I just hope that I don't have to go through that again any time soon.

On the plus side, the weather has taken a wonderful turn. The ten day stretch on weather.com is showing a streak of about eight days of scattered showers with temperatures in the low 90's to upper and mid-80's for the highs. :) It looks like the brief hold that summer had on us is starting to wane.

Speaking of the weather, I watched a program on PBS that I found interesting last night about global dimming. I must have missed this one the first time around, but I am glad that I caught the show this time. It turns out that our pollution is a bit like Janus. One face that it presents to us is the global warming aspect with which we are now familiar, even if we are inactive about it. The other face is the environmental pollutants such as sulfur and soot and other particulate matter and smog causing agents that we in the West have taken more aggressive stand against.

According to this program, the latter of the two has actually served to decrease the effects of global warming because they contribute to an effect called global dimming. Thus, cleaning the particulate pollution without addressing the CO2 admissions is detrimental. While corporate and governmental leadership is needed, the consumer ultimately votes. Even small changes make a difference. If you want to know more about this program, here is a link to the website.

Want to know more about taking action:

StopGlobalWarming.org

Sierra Club

Environmental Defense

(I actually got these from the links section of greenlightsUSA.com which was left as a link in a comment to the blog about CFL's last week.)

Quiz Day: 80's Lyrics
(for the hardcore or chronically board)

96.5...That score was with 23 questions left blank. I did get some bonus points for following directions and getting bonus questions. Some of the ones that I left blank were pretty obvious when I saw the answer. Yes, I did use spell check.


Let us know your score by leaving us a comment. If you grew up in the 80's this one should be a nice challenge for you.


Today's Winning Blogger Number: 84


Comments

Anonymous said…
40. I didn't want my MTV bad enough.

Actually, my parents refused to have cable. Clearly they were not taking the importance of my education to heart.
Anonymous said…
You're a little young to remember all this. 10% bonus.
5 point bonus for telling me where you saw this. Thanks!

Final Score: 23.15

I left most of them blank.
-E

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen