Greetings Starfighter...

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Pistachio, Peach and Lemon.

Today is Cone Day! All cones are $1.85 all day long (regularly $2.77).

Last night, a rarity occurred in our household, my wife and I were both tired and ready for bed by 10:00 PM. normally, she is a little more likely to be tired and I am very likely to stay up for another few hours. As we were both exhausted, however, we headed to bed at 10:15 PM. I can't remember the last time that I went to bed before 11:00 PM without being sick.

After 30 minutes of sleep, I got a phone call. There's just something about getting a phone call after 10 PM during the week once you’re a few years out of college for a few years because it never seems to be good news. Seeing it was from one of my fraternity brothers, I answered. Unfortunately, a brother who was a former employee at the store had been broadsided by a car on Sunday when he was riding his motorcycle. He is currently in critical care at Parkland.

Needless to say, we were both rather restless after the phone call, so after a prayer for Clint and his family, we got up to watch make some muffins and watch a movie. She let me pick and I chose one of favorites from my childhood: The Last Starfighter. (If you haven't heard of or seen this movie, there is a link to the right under Boredom Busters called 80's Movies Rock that has a fantastic write up on it.) While I don't think it was her cup of tea, she was nice enough to watch it all the way through. After the movie and another prayer, we went to sleep at 1:30 AM.

Quiz Day: Are You A Child of the 80's?

You Are 92% A Child of the 80s

There's hardly a moment of the 80s that you missed out on.
Was there ever a better decade? As if!
I think I should get bonus points for the Starfighter thing.


I'll give a double bonus for anyone who can name the Garbage Pail Kid in the picture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
***You Are 52% A Child of the 80s***


Back in the day, you were totally 80s.
Tubular, totally tubular.

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen