10 to Go

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Pistachio, Devil's Food Cake, White Chocolate Mousse, and Orange Vanilla.

Parfait Day! All parfaits are on sale today for $2.99 each (regularly $3.99).

Bagels have arrived! We have all varieties on hand (Blueberry, Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon, White, and Onion) as well as the pita and English Muffins. Get your fresh breads today.

10 days until the ordering deadline for Thanksgiving. 972.644.2000.

The health department came by today for our bi-annual inspection. You'll be glad to hear that we got a 93 out of 100.


I finished up Olympos last night. The follow-up to Ilium was not on my TBR list, but my friend had loaned it to me along with Ilium, so I felt compelled to read it while the other was still fresh on my mind.

Both books made for a very interesting read. I do feel that the fist was better than the second. If indeed the second is the last, it felt like it was undecided. It's not that it doesn't end. Rather, I felt like it didn't end well. With so many story lines going on at on time, it seemed that the author, Dan Simmons, had trouble wrapping them all up without it being rushed. This really speaks as much to the scope of the book as anything else.

Now that I've finished these two, I'm off to my actual TBR list again. As previously mentioned, I don't have too much time to finish my list. I'm therefore going to switch it up a bit and plug in some of the alternates. The books that I have already read are Children of God, A Wrinkle in Time, and Ilium. My revised target list is as follows: East of Eden, Stardust, Alice's Adventure in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, Mere Christianity, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Hobbit, Much Ado About Nothing, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I here For?, and A Scanner Darkly. I might be pushing into January on this one.

Thursday Comic: (click to enlarge)



Bonus:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen