Cooling Down

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Mocha, Toffee Nut, Vanilla Malt, and Very Berry.

UT Dallas Day! Show your Comet Card and receive a free small yogurt.


Cool days lay ahead of us. The weather has taken a turn toward the traditional winter pattern. I'm looking forward to getting a few evenings in here that actually move the mercury below 32. While we keep our house pretty cool during the evenings, our comforter keeps us very warm and toasty. I always sleep better when the nights are nice and cool.

Of course, we'll be out of town this weekend for a wedding in Houston. It looks like we'll be driving into a cool rain on Friday. The rest of the weekend is going to be cool and cloudy there. I really only go to Houston for a concert, so I hope my fraternity brother appreciates the sacrifice.

After looking at their wedding website last night, my wife and I realized why everyone thought our registry was so limited. I had to laugh at some of the items that were on the list. I know my friend, and there is no way that he is going to use most of those power tools. We opted to get a his and her gift rather than be known as the ones who got the cordless power caulking gun.

Quiz Day: Are You a Hippie?

You're Not Exactly a Hippie...

While you're not a hippie, you've got the spirit of one.
Like most hippies, you have deep beliefs and unusual interests.

You may not buy into hippie fashions, music, or heavy drug use.
But at heart, you are a free spirit and suspicious of the status quo.


Yesterday's puzzler answer: 5 & 8

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a Hippie

You are a total hippie. While you may not wear birks or smell of incense, you have the soul of a hippie.
You don't trust authority, and you do as you please. You're willing to take a stand, even when what you believe isn't popular.

You like to experiment with ideas, lifestyles, and different subcultures.
You always gravitate toward what's radical and subversive. Normal, mainstream culture doesn't really resonate with you.
Anonymous said…
I am also a hippie. Shocking.
SerenitySprings said…
I too am a hippie but I think I deserve more hippie cred because I actually do wear Birkenstocks!
Anonymous said…
You Are Definitely Not a Hippie
In fact, you're so conservative, you make George Bush look like Jerry Garcia.
You're not big on experimentation or alternative lifestyles.

Fringe ideas tend to freak you out. You're pretty suspicious of hippies - or anyone who sympathizes with them.
As hippies would say, you are the establishment. You're part of the system... and proud of it.

in the words of travior... "shocking". although, i am nowhere near that bad...
-e

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen