Book Worm Part II

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Banana, Coffee Royale, Pistachio, and Boysenberry.

Cone Day! All cones are $1.85 (regularly $2.77).

The bagels, pita, and English Muffins have arrived! We have a fresh stock of all varieties of bagels (Blueberry, Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon, White, Onion, and Perfect 10) and both types of pita. Come in and get yours today! Great options for Weight Watchers®.


As I mentioned the other day, there is a challenge that one of my friends introduced me to at the turn of the year. I like to put myself behind the 8 ball, so I decided to start a month later. It might take me out of the contest, but I think that the real challenge is held within oneself. To hold myself accountable, I have decided to post my choices here since my other blog is always woefully neglected. :(

To Be Read:

Children of God-Mary Doria Russell

Alice's Adventure in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass-Lewis Carrol

Stardust-Neil Gaiman

Mere Christianity-C.S. Lewis

Heaven-Randy C. Alcorn

The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I here For?-Rick Warren

Write Better, Speak Better-Readers Digest Association

Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets-Sudhir Venkatesh

A Wrinkle in Time-Madeleine L'Engle

Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris

East of Eden-John Steinbeck

Ilium-Dan Simmons

The first two books on the list are books that I have almost completed. In the past, I was horrible about ready three, four, or five books at a time. While it wasn't a problem in terms of keeping track of what was going on in the books, it did mean that some titles got dropped in the middle or even toward the end. I now have a slightly more focused approach. In preparation for Children of God, I am currently rereading The Sparrow which is the first of the two books.

I found this while I was looking up some of the authors on Amazon.com. This is a technology that I might be able to get behind. I'd have to see it in action first, but the idea of being able to download books for a relatively good price and have up to 200 of them be easily transportable is pretty cool. Plus, there is always the bonus of not having to require all of the waste associated with the normal book making process.

Thursday Comic: (click to enlarge)



(Thanks to my friends who offered their suggestions for good books to read. The blog took forever today. My apologies. It's been one of those days. Tomorrow, I'll post my alternate list for the TBR Challenge.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The suspense is killing me. When are you going to post your book list?
Anonymous said…
Your sign says "Sugar de" at night.

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen