V for Very Good

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Chocolate Banana, Coffee Royal, Raspberry Cheesecake, and Vanilla Malt.

Tonight, our yogurt is buy one, get one free (limit one, excludes XL) from 6 PM to 8 PM.

The bagels, pita (wheat and white), and English Muffins have arrived. We have received our shipment and have all varieties of bagels (Blueberry, Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon, Onion, White, and Perfect 10) on hand.


I just got finished watching V for Vendetta. Several of my friends love this movie and it has been highly recommended. I had planned on seeing it in the theater but did not get around to it. Thankfully, I remembered to put it into our Netflix box, because this film is well worth seeing.

Set in the not to distant future in a not so jolly old England, this film struggles with the question of what is a terrorist and is terrorism justified against a one party fascist state. I really don't want to give to much away; however, I will say that, if I ever taught a civics class in high school, I would have my students watch this film. Like many good films, it makes you think. While it is entertaining, the real entertainment comes after the film is over and you are left with more questions than answers.

The film is well acted and has a steady pacing that keeps the viewer interested. The action is a bit over the top as an ode to the story's graphic novel origins. Visually the film is somewhat dark and menacing and echoes the overall theme of the government under which the citizens live. Nevertheless, occasion bright colors are used to juxtapose the hope that future can hold. 4 out of 5

File this one under a story that only a baseball fan and an economist could love: Dollars Make Sense. (This is right up my ally!)

Thursday Comic: (click to enlarge)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen