Reduce, Reuse, Buy Chinese

Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Caramel Fudge, Coffee Royal, Angel Food Cake and Strawberry Shortcake.

Today is Shake Day! All shakes are $3.69 all day long (regularly $3.93-$4.62).

The English Muffins, pita and bagels have arrived. All varieties of the bagels (Blueberry, Sweet Wheat, Cinnamon, Onion, White and the Perfect 10) are available. Come in today to get the best selection.

Yesterday after I finished work, I went to Kroger for a small shopping trip for some fresh vegetables for the stir-fry that I was going to cook for dinner. I have a large insulated shopping bag that I typically use for our grocery trips. However, it was at home since still has a few items from the move. Upon reaching the check out line, I noticed that Kroger is now selling small reusable shopping bags. The non-insulated variety was 99 cents.

I bought one and was able to fit my groceries for the trip into the bag. Two loaves of bread, one 2 liter of diet caffeine free cola and the vegetables for dinner. I left the store feeling good about my new reusable shopping bag that was boldly pronouncing that I had made my purchase at Kroger. I felt good that I was in my own way doing a small part to help the environment. I was filled with all kinds of warm fuzzy feelings.

Then, it dawned on me that the bag that I had just purchased was 99 cents. My mind clicked through the variables and left me with a conclusion that I confirmed by checking the inner label...Made In China. In my effort to contribute to the salvation of the planet, I had purchased a bag made out of polypropylene in a sweat shop, transported half-way around the world and then distributed on trucks to the far corners of our nation. It tempered my warm fuzzy feelings, but I did enjoy the irony.


Today's Winning Blogger Number: 40


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen