Holidays, Eggs and My Meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Today's Flavor

Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Carmel, Mocha, Angel Food Cake and Banana

Today's Special

Cones $ 2.08, regularly $2.77. Please request the daily special.



I really do not remember the day but I know the story. My family was in the grocery business in Downtown Atlanta from 1918-1964. Many Saturdays me and my twin brother would go to the store to "help". (Help like a 9 year old do in a warehouse) My dad said to me he wanted me to met someone. As most kids would think, I did not wanted to meet anyone. I prefer putting eggs in cartons.(For people who do not know chickens do not lay eggs in cartons that is why a 9 year old is good to take them from a large case and put them in a small carton. Great work if you can get it at 9) I was introduced to Daddy King and Martin Luther King Jr. who were buying supplies for the Ebenezer Baptist Church. I said hello and went back to putting eggs in cartons.

Today as I reflect on that meeting, I remind myself how much things have changed in this country. Number one, I was raised right. Being in business , I learned at a young age that customers come in all colors, shapes and sizes; yet they are all customers and due respect. Treat your customer right and you will do OK. Number 2 lesson for people who grew up in the 60's-70's is to never forget how far our great country has come. We know that "the mountaintop" was not easily reached but America is better for it. Celebrate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen