Last night was the first evening when it seemed like a great idea to start a fire. I've never had a fireplace that I have used at any of my other apartments and thought that it was high time to use it. Here are a couple of fire safety tips for the cold winter months:
1. Make sure the flume is open. If you have a question about this, you can light a small piece of paper, hold it under the flume and see if the smoke rises straight up.
2. Use a clean burning fire log instead of wood. There are now have several environmentally friendly options that burn for several hours and create much less smoke and particulate matter.
3. When using a clean burning log, follow the directions and do not add additional fuel to the fire. In particular, paper is bad and may lead to a very smoky apartment which can in turn set off a fire detector thus necessitating one to open all of the windows and the patio door to alleviate the smoke but, in the process, cooling off the entire apartment to 57 degrees and therefore nullifying the original purpose of the fire.
4. Don't leave a fire unattended and make sure to spread out the ash to remove any hot spots.
5. Share it with someone special. Should the events in number three occur, pray that the person you are sharing the warm and smoky fire with is good humored and able to laugh with you. :)
The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Roasted Almond, Very Berry and German Chocolate Cake.
There are only 3 DAYS LEFT to order your holiday pies, cheesecakes or pumpkin breads. Don't be left out.
Tonight is buy one, get one free yogurt from 6PM to 8PM (limit one, excludes XL). It's never to cold for frozen yogurt.
Fun Fact Friday: One of great Western movies of all time features a czarist Russian playing an American gunslinger, a German playing a hotheaded Mexican peasant, and a Brooklyn Jew playing a bandito. For The Magnificent Seven, the 1960 adaptation of Akira Kurosawa's masterpiece Seven Samurai, executive producer Walter Mirisch and director John Sturges cast Yul Brynner to play the leader of the hired guns, Horst Buchholz to play Chico, the peasant-turned-gunman, and Eli Wallach to play the Mexican villain.
Happy Birthday Wishes to Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu. Ms. Sophie Marceau is a well know French actress who has appeared in several US films. She played Princess Isabelle in Braveheart which is one of my all time favorite films. Want a free small (7oz) yogurt? Give us the name the country of which Isabelle was the Princess in the film.