Shake Up Your Thursday -It's Shake Day!

Today's Flavors
Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Banana, New York Cheesecake, and Boysenberry
.


Yes, after configuring, re-configuring, circumventing, conflagerations,the calendar FINALY loaded on the blog. I apologize for the delay.


Today in History
1860 Congress accepts Pre-emption Bill: free land in West for colonists

1912 Girl Guides (Girl Scouts) forms in Savannah, by Juliette Gordon Low


Do you think it is too late for me to take advantage of this free land deal? I saw a great piece of land on the west coast on the ocean I would jump on in a NY minute....I could get out my old girl scout compass and find it.(pictured left). This is my piece little piece of heaven or what my holodeck would look like.



Births
1922 Jack Kerouac, Beat writer (On the Road, Mexico Blues)
1928 Edward Albee, Washington, DC, playwright (Virgina Woolfe, Zoo Story)
1931 William "Buckwheat" Thomas, actor (Little Rascals)
1956 Dale Murphy, Portland Ore, slugger (Atlanta Braves, 2 time NL MVP)
Kerouac was one of the great writers of the "beatnik generation". I loved his work "On the Road". He was a man that never accepted the status quo.

Spanky and Our Gang invaded the living rooms of all kids growing up in the late 50's early 60's. Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Spanky, Darla, Froggy and the rest.

Ok, so you know we are all big baseball fans. Dale Murphy was one of the mostunderrated players of the 80s. He was a quality guy.My only regret is that he shortened his own career. He surely would have been one of the greats if he had continued playing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen