Recipe of the week..,Wio Banana Bread that our son Andy adapted from a recipe he saw on America's Test Kitchens. It is scrumptious!
The Perri Family
Andy’s Low Carb Wio Banana Bread*
(*Adapted from America’s Test Kitchens)
2 cups Wio flour
¾ cup granulated Splenda
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 very ripe bananas
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup plain yogurt
3 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter and flour a standard bread pan (9 inches x 5 inches x 3 inches) and set aside.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, Splenda, baking soda and walnuts) in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. In a second large mixing bowl, mash the bananas, but leave slightly chunky; then stir in the remainder of wet ingredients (melted butter, vanilla, yogurt and eggs)..
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Bake for 50 minutes and test with a skewer or toothpick to ensure doneness (no sticky batter on stick).
7. Cool or serve warm and enjoy!