Random Thoughts for the Dog Days of Summer

Eating Choices

      My family and I were on a recent trip. We were at a place called Claim Jumpers, good food chain on the West Coast. It was lunch time. Really, a late lunch and I didn't want any lunch food. I had been to Claim Jumpers many times and always looked at their carrot cake. So I made a first time in my life decision, No lunch, just a piece of Carrot cake.

Some may say that this was not a good choice...very unhealthy...bad self control. I say the opposite. I did not want a grilled chicken breast or salad or fish, I wanted a piece of Claim Jumpers carrot cake. It was a choice based on what I wanted. No decoy meal ordered and then ordering a piece of cake to "share" but a real honest choice.

I loved the cake and did share it.

It was strange for me because I never in 60 years had done this. I did not feel guilty because it was what I wanted. Since I watch what I eat most of the time and choose wisely, this was not anything but another choice. Not good or bad but a choice.

Eating for so many people is guilt, points, right, wrong and judging.

This choice reminded me that eating should none of the above negative feelings.

Random Thoughts
-

Specials July 20- July 25

#1  Buy any Carrot piece for $1.00 off
#2  Yogurt Club members can get a Free small yogurt on Wednesday. Limit 1
#3  Buy a $50 yogurt card and we will add $10 to give you a total of $60.
#4  Buy 8 large yogurts for $25.49 plus tax.
#5  Cones on request are $2.49 plus tax this week. Limit 1 per day

Normal rules apply. Limits Apply. No double dipping.Yogurts cards must have current balance with usable funds to use specials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen