Beautiful Day

Wasn't that hot weather all worthwhile? The heat wave that brought the summer to a close has given way to wonderful autumn weather. It looks like the old AC has seen the end of its use at my apartment for the time being. With the cold of winter still a few months away, I look forward to some savings in the electric bill over the fall months. There is nothing better than being able to air out the home during these perfect days.

I am hoping to complete my weekend project this evening and finish building my new media computer. It was a fun, if not somewhat nerve racking, experience to put the media PC together yesterday from scratch. It is the first time that I have ever done any detailed work in a computer, and I can see way my friends have told me that they all hate building them. I just hope that I can share in the joy of having a new, working computer that I have built with my own hands.

The Yogurt Flavors: Chocolate Decadence, World Class Vanilla, Pistachio, German Chocolate Cake, Angle Food Cake and Banana Macadamia Nut.

Just a heads up to everyone out there: Thanksgiving is less than Two Months Away! Of course, we are already taking orders for Thanksgiving pies, cheesecakes and pumpkin breads. It is never too early to order and it will be one less thing to have to worry about.

The Owner's Corner Tip of the Week: After a few weeks off, I return this week to bring you a little bit of wisdom.

Last week, in my weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers®, I gained 1.6 pounds. While I would normally be upset with a gain, I was happy in this case. The previous week, my wife Stacey and I had been in Alaska on a cruise. At the start of the cruise, the director mentioned that most people gain an average of 1.4 pounds per day on a seven day cruise. Like I said, I was happy with my minimal gain.

While there was endless options for good food available on the Sun Princess 24/7 in the form of room service, buffets and the traditional 5 course meals in the dinning room, I was able to take the advice of my lecturer and apply it to the situation. Special events should be enjoyed. Whether it is a wedding, party or trip, enjoy yourselves. Since our goal is a lifestyle change rather than a diet, we should allow ourselves to enjoy some choices outside of our everyday options; however, we should also be able to maintain our control.

In the case of the cruise, I allowed myself some freshly baked bread at dinner and a few unbelievable desserts. This is not something that I would normally do, but I allow it on vacation so that I might enjoy the time away more fully. Also, the key is not to over indulge. The cruise was wonderful with excellent service and the minimal weight gain is a credit to enjoying the situation while maintaining control. These are the keys to any proper dietary lifestyle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Customers with Carbs Since 1989

Working to Serve You Through Difficult Times

Only the Kitchen